11 TSG Courses
RTC – MOD-04 – Pt.04 – Basic Instructions
The Ground Controller will issue very basic and simple instructions, these are:
- TAXI HOLDING POINT (Rwy)
- Taxi using the most expeditious route to the holding point for the mentioned runway, you will be expected to hold short at the holding point, no specific hold short instruction will be given.
- TAXI BACK
- Taxi back to an available parking slot.
- HOLD SHORT (followed by location)
- Stop and proceed no further than the HOLD SHORT location until cleared by the Ground Controller, expect to hear either a TAXI HOLDING POINT or TAXI BACK instruction.
- HOLD HOLD HOLD or HOLD POSITION
- Stop at your current location until told otherwise.
The runway in use will be decided by the Ground Controller, it may not be the closest runway to your location, expect to use the runway “into wind” as this reduces your takeoff and landing (ground) speed.
Unless the Ground Controller wants you to taxi a specific path (due to an accident or blocked taxiway) they WILL NOT tell you how to get to the runway, you are expected to use the ground charts and use the most expeditious route.
Radio checks ARE NOT to be carried out on the ground frequency except by the Formation Lead to the Ground Controller.
Radio Checks between flight members are to be carried out on the intra-flight frequency.