Have a Question?
11 TSG Courses
RTC – MOD-06 – Pt.04 – Visual Circuit Radio Calls
- When established Downwind
- 1.1 Pilot: “Downwind Land/Low Approach/Touch and go, (Callsign)”.
- 1.2 ATC: “(Callsign) Surface wind #(Degrees), # knots”.
- When beginning turn onto final
- 2.1 Pilot: “Final – gear down, (Callsign)”.
- 2.2 ATC “(Callsign) Cleared to Land/Low Approach/Touch and Go”.
- 2.3 Pilot: “Cleared to Land/Low Approach/Touch and Go”.
- If pilot fails to state position of gear, ATC should remind Pilot to “check gear” and only give clearance on receipt of a “gear down”.
- If ATC believe the aircraft can get an approach in, but not at that point
- 3.1 ATC “(Callsign) Continue approach / Go around”.
- 3.2 Pilot “Continue approach / Go around, (Callsign)”.
- If Pilots haven’t received a clearance to use the runway by 200ft QFE, the pilot must break off the approach and initiate a “Go Around”
- It is recommend for pilots to set their RadAlt Warning to 200ft to remind them
- The Pilot can initiate a “Go Around” themselves if they feel they cannot get an approach in.
Table of Contents